Keep in mind that you will be having more fun if the weather’s not making you miserable. Often weather predictions are unreliable, and we recommend bringing gear for wet and cold weather under all circumstances.
Essentials for Every Trip
- Fast-drying, durable clothing. Most importantly, your clothing should be comfortable.
- Sunglasses and suntan lotion
- Hydration pack (recommended for all tours)
- Casual shorts
- T-shirts and long sleeve shirts
- Long pants
- Long underwear
- Warm hat and gloves
- Warm jacket
- Sturdy rain gear – pants and jacket recommended.
- Swimsuit – many tours offer some type of swimming
- Personal toilet items and Baby Wipes
- Personal first-aid (Aspirin, eye drops, personal medicine, etc.)
- Insect repellent (Avon’s Skin-So-Soft works well)
- Headlamp or flashlight with extra batteries
- Daypack – some tours require you to carry a lunch on some days
- Extra pair of shoes – in case your riding or hiking shoes get wet
- Ear plugs (for light sleepers)
- Alcoholic beverages (we offer plenty of non-alcoholic beverages).
- Clothing for travel to and from trip
The following items can be rented from MTV Vietnam.
If you are not renting, add these items to your list.
- Mountain Bike or Road Bike
- Bike helmet (a helmet visor is optional to keep the sun out of your eyes)
- Sleeping bag (15-30 degree)
- Small Pillow and sleeping bag liner
- Sleeping pad
- Raised Cot
- Tent with ground tarp
Specific Items for Biking Tours (in addition to above essentials list)
- Pedals (optional – MTB Vietnam only rents SPD or Flat pedals)
- Saddle (optional – guests who have a bicycle at home, but are renting a bike for the trip, find this useful)
- Cycling socks
- Bike gloves with padded palms
- Short and long sleeve bike jerseys
- Cycling windbreaker or light jacket
- Bike shorts with padded seat
- Bike tights for cold weather riding (optional)
- Bike shoes with stiff soles (optional)
- Camelback or water bottles (bottles come with bike rentals)
- Handlebar bag (optional)